block printing with mordants for natural dyeing
Saturday 30 September – block printing with mordants for natural dyeing
Inspired by techniques from around the world, create your own contemporary designs by combining different mordants and dyes to get different effects.
in this one day workshop you will learn about
- preparation of different fabrics for printing/dyeing
- how to create a variety of printing blocks to print your own designs
- make up various mordant pastes to print/paint onto cloth
- extract colour from plant dyes to dye cloth after printing.
- use different mordants combined with natural dyes to create a range of colourful effects on cloth.
You will take home a collection of printed/dyed fabric samples for use in future projects.
each one day workshop is stand-alone but we are offering £10 discount if you book both days.
Workshop fee includes all materials and refreshments. Please bring picnic lunch.