printing & painting onto cloth with natural dyes
SUNDAY 1 OCTOBER – print / paint natural dyes directly onto cloth.
Inspired by techniques from around the world, create your own contemporary designs by painting natural colour directly onto cloth
in this one day workshop you will learn about
- preparation of different fabrics for printing/dyeing
- pre-mordanting fabrics to create different effects when dyeing
- make up various coloured natural dye pastes to print/paint onto cloth
- use various techniques to paint dyes directly onto cloth to create exciting patterns and layered colour combinations
- use a selection of printing blocks to create designs on pre-dyed cloths
You will take home a collection of printed/dyed fabric samples for use in future projects.
each one day workshop is stand-alone but we are offering £10 discount if you book both days.
Workshop fee includes all materials and refreshments. Please bring picnic lunch.
each one day workshop is stand-alone but we are offering £10 discount if you book both days. use the code printweekend when booking for Sunday’s workshop.